Saturday, April 26, 2014

L'Oreal Extraordinaire Gel Lacquer Review

Happy Saturday my dears! I'm off to a Blue Jay's baseball game this afternoon, sadly it's not very "spring-like" weather here, so the dome won't be open but I'm still excited! I haven't been to a baseball game in about a year, so it's going to be fun.

So, if you follow me on twitter, you might have noticed a while back that I was searching for this nail polish system, and even though it wasn't on L'Oreal's Canadian website it was in all the stores. I bought it at Walmart (it was cheapest) and I've worn it a few different ways and here are my thoughts:

It's not revolutionary. It's a top coat and base coat together, and you then buy the polish seperately. They have a special "gel" polish just to go with this top coat and base coat, although the colour selection is quite small. Now, I put gel in quotations, because it's not gel. It's like regular polish. The base coat does dry amazingly quick, as well as the top coat, and the polish is quite nice, with the pink shade I chose I almost got away with one coat. However, on my nails it didn't last amazingly long. After about 4 days I had tip wear and some chipping, as you can see from the pictures. When I did try the top coat/base coat out with non-L'Oreal polishes it also worked quite well, even somewhat better, so I enjoy the top coat. I am currently trying the base coat, polish and top coat combination on my toes to see if it holds up better than my nails.


The back of the box with all it's claims and instructions

The full range of polish colours, not too exciting, but similar to traditional gel polish colours.



These pictures are all after the first application, it's bright, it's shiny, and obviously it's pink, hence my polish colour choice.


So, you can see the tip wear, which as always, looks worse in pictures than in person. It's still shiny and lovely, but it did start to develop more chips.

So, final verdict: Not a "I need this ASAP" product, but I do like it, and it's a good base coat/top coat to add to your collection that you can get in the drugstore. As always, some people's body chemistry will really work with this and so if you're interested, it's not too much of an investment to buy the system to try it out.

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...