Thursday, December 19, 2013

Gingerbread Men

Happy Thursday Loves! I am officially off work until January 6th and I am loving it. I'm looking forward to finishing wrapping, having my family Christmas party this weekend and just lounging around and NOT being tied to my phone (as a supply teacher, that's how we get called in for jobs, 5:30pm-9:30pm every evening and 6:00 am-12:30pm every morning).

This post is just a quick little one. I tried out a new technique that I'd been seeing forever but never really sat down to attempt. Canadian Nail Fanatic not only has an amazing collection of stamping plates, but she's also amazing with her stamping designs. For awhile she has been trying out making stamping decals out of her images and I figured I would give it a go. I used her "tutorial" here and tried it out with a gingerbread man stamp from BM 222. It has a border, but I skipped the border, stamped the original image in brown, filled the dots and face in with red & white and topped with SV! I layered the decals over a base of Sally Hansen Silver Sweep. Sadly, my image bubbled and the edges went a bit crinkly, not too sure why, I'll have to practice more, but it's such an easy way to get a more colourful/detailed stamp.

I only have one photo because my camera that day couldn't take a non-blurry image to save it's life no matter what I did!


Have any of you tried decals? I might have another go at them for Christmas Day!

Thanks for reading <3

1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous! Stamper decals has really taken stamping to a whole other level!

    I'm glad is holiday break too....I get to sleep in a little longer before getting up for work versus having to get up early to see kids on the bus by 8 am!

    Happy Holidays....enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...