Thursday, August 8, 2013

Purple and Matte

Happy Thursday my loves! I am so happy it's almost the weekend because tomorrow my online course officially finishes and I am free. It's been a long 8 weeks, and while I've enjoyed it, I don't think I'll be taking another AQ course in the near future. I still feel like I haven't officially left school, even though it's been a year and a half and this course kept reminding me of that feeling!

Today's manicure is actually inspired by an "inspired by" post. Marta of ChitChat Nails posted this manicure which was inspired by this instagram post (@glamsusie) I was dying to try this out. I opted to change the colour because I've been craving pastel purples lately, so I used NCLA As If! and then stamped with a BM plate of roses, and my konad plate for the dots, because my free hand dots never seem to turn out quite what I want them to look like. I mattified it using NYC matte top coat. Sadly my NYC matte topcoat is NOT what I want in a matte. It never fully dried matte, it still seems to hold somewhat of a sheen and on several nails (including my index in the photos) it created weird lumps :( So, any recommendations of a favourite matte top coat?





I still think I like Marta & Susan's versions better, so I'll have to retry, maybe I'll actually do pink & black!

Thanks for reading <3

3 comments:

  1. I love the colour & stamp choices... I use Essie Matte about you... However once I run out of it (which, to be honest, I don't foresee happening soon) I want to try the OPI one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...