Thursday, August 29, 2013

Inspired by a Dress (or 2)

Happy Thursday my loves. I'm slowly getting ready to go back to work (although it will probably be a few more weeks until I start working consistently) and this week I've been trying to start waking up earlier ( my call time is 6am)..I hate it. I have gotten so used to sleep this summer..even when I go to bed at 10pm...6 am is just not working for me!

So this past weekend I had a dilemma. I had a wedding to go to on Saturday and a baby shower at my house on Sunday, and I would have NO time to change my nails between events. My 2 dresses were both in the same colour family, but fairly different. I had no ideas..so I took to twitter and obviously Marta, the queen of inspiration for me, suggested a diagonal gradient. I didn't end up having the time to try that but I did manage a 3 colour gradient with stamping over top. I used a base of Essie Turquoise & Caicos, then Essie Lapis of Luxury, and OPI Dating a Royal. Then I stamped over top with a leopard print (to match the leopard print in 1 dress) with Sally Hansen Silver Sweep. I took pictures with my 2 dresses so you can see how the manicure matched!






I think it worked out well & thank goodness I have Marta to always give me ideas ;)

Thanks for reading <3

4 comments:

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...