Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sunset Gradient

Happy Saturday! I hope you're all enjoying your weekends, I'm relaxing with my boyfriend, and despite the rain, it's a wonderful weekend. I'm practicing my "cooking" skills, since I do not cook well, and if you try to make me cook without a recipe, the results are pretty scary. However, my boyfriend is not impressed with my lack of cooking skills, so I'm trying to show him I can be domestic...which in reality, I can't be haha, so if I die from food poisoning this weekend, you'll all know why!

So, gradients..I'm still trying to find the "perfect" combination of colours and ability to wow me, but I don't think I've found it yet. I picked these colours A) because I've been watching a lot of sunsets and I love how the light can fade from yellow to orange to red before the sun sets and B)I rarely wear orange or yellow, so I figured this would be a safe way to wear them!

I used a base of Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow, then sponged Sephora by OPI Caliente Coral, finishing with OPI Got The Blues for Red, then stamped over the gradient with the butterfly design from the BM 300 series set.




I am still not happy with how the colours in this gradient worked out, the red didn't show up as much as I'd like, but I'll still keep trying! Any colour combinations I should look into?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, thanks for reading <3

3 comments:

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...