Friday, March 8, 2013

NCLA Review!

Hi loves! If you are in Canada & in elementary or high school, yay Happy March Break...if you're not, well then I'm sorry! I have the week off, last night I drove up to where my boyfriend lives and today we're going snowboarding at Blue Mountain. I'm honestly a little nervous, because it's been about 10 years since I went snowboarding, but hopefully I can pick it up again.

Nail Polish Canada very kindly offered me some new polishes to review, and I am pretty excited to show you these 2 pretties. NCLA is a new brand to NPC and to me, I'd never really heard of them until they sent them to me. According to their site, they're a "luxury nail polish brand, based in Los Angeles", and "are a celebrity favourite, such as Miley Cyrus, Beyonce and KeSha". I don't really have any "high end" or "luxury" brands, other than my 1 chanel polish so I was excited to try these out. I received 2 shades from their recent Spring 2013 Life's A Beach Collection. There are 4 colours, and I received "As If", a light pastel purple, and "Tennis Anyone?" a light pastel yellow.

"As If", if you couldn't tell immediately, is inspired from the movie "Clueless", aka one of my favourite movies, and it's purple, so those are enough reasons for me to love it. This light purple is gorgeous and applies beautifully. I used 2 coats plus 1 coat of Seche Vite and I'm in love.



"Tennis Anyone" is a beautiful pastel yellow, the colour that I always associate with "fake popcorn" or "butter yellow", if that makes sense. I only own 1 other yellow, and I found this to be so pretty! I don't wear yellow often, but having this on my nails made me stare! This one was a bit thinner and streakier, as most yellows tend to be (I wonder why that is!) but 3 easy coats and it was perfection!





Each NCLA polish retails for $16 at Nail Polish Canada and you can find the rest of the Life's A Beach collection there, as well as other shades from the brand! I hope you enjoyed these new colours, anyone have any other shade recommendations to check out from this brand? Let me know your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to head over and snag one of these for yourself!

Thanks for reading <3


*These polishes were sent for me for review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information*

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time snowboarding!!!

    These are very pretty shades, I really like the yellow one. I have seen something on this brand but only in passing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...