Saturday, March 30, 2013

March Beauty Favourites

Happy Saturday friends! I hope you're all having great weekends, spending time with family if you celebrate Easter, and enjoying the early stages of spring!

Since I have been exploring the world of YouTube beauty recently (and even posting my own video!) I have slowly become obsessed with some specific types of videos: Get Ready With Me, Empties, and Monthly Beauty favourites! I'm slowly saving my own cache of empty beauty products, mostly because I keep telling myself that I'll film another video soon, but also I find it interesting to see what you use up over time! Since I'm not ready to film another video yet, I figured I'd do a blog post about my monthly March beauty favourites (I promise, it has nail polish in it!). This will be a little content heavy, so the rest is after the jump!






Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: I know everyone and their mother has this palette, but since using my Shopper's Points to redeem for this palette, I LOVE it. I use it basically every day, and I recently ordered the Naked Basics palette, which I know I'll be using in conjunction with this one. Chopper, Bootycall, YDK and Half Baked are some of my favourite shades!

Dior Lip Addict Gloss in Pink Veil: I bought this, solely based on a Temptalia lip swatch, and upon getting it home I realized it was WAY more coral on my skin tone than I thought, which scared me initially. Coral/Orange and I usually don't get along, but because I wanted to love this colour, I've been forcing myself to wear it more, and it turns out this shade is pretty wearable on me. This leads to a happy Liz, since I've always wanted something coral for spring/summer. This also looks really pretty layered over a pink lipstick!

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Gloss: I love this lip gloss, although not wearing it on it's own during the day. It's fairly sticky and very shiny, but I wear it at night, or on long car rides and man does it hold in moisture. All winter, in my super dry house, this gloss has saved my lips, and the minty taste/smell due to the peppermint oil is delicious.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Inked in Pink: I bought this shadow, again, due to a YT video tutorial (along with some other things), and it's so pretty! I need to buy more shades from this line.

Fresh Sugar Lip Polish: This was a sample I received in a Fresh beauty set, but I can't imagine how long it would take to go through a full sized tub. It's a nice lip scrub, although essentially brown sugar and other things. It's been helping my lips, along with the C.O. Bigelow gloss.

Beauty Blender: This is a recent purchase, but I love it. It's a nice way to change up how I do my makeup, and it's really great for concealer.

Lorac Perfectly Lit Luminizing Powder in Spotlit: I received this in a Sephora sampler pack back in November and put it away in a drawer and forgot about it until recently. It's a really nice golden highlighter, and the powder is amazing.

Laura Mercier Primer in Radiance: This is the "travel" sized, since I wasn't sure how my skin would react but I am really liking it so far. I find the sheen on this primer really translates to a glowing face, and not oily like I was afraid of, plus it's not a silicone feeling primer, which I don't really like.

Olay Pro X Facial Brush: I raved about this in my YT video and I mean it. I know it's not a clarisonic but it's still changed my face routine and really helped my skin.

NCLA Nail Polish in As If! and Tennis Anyone?:  I posted a review and a manicure with these 2 polishes here and here, and these polishes are so pretty for spring, my mom wants to steal As If!

Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Raspberry: This is a mini, came in a set of 7, and even though it's really sheer, it does give a hint of red to my lips, which I enjoy when I don't feel like wearing a red lipstick or stain.
Sigma Makeup Brushes in F80, F35 and E05: I bought the F80 flat top kabuki after getting my Coastal Scents flat top kabuki, and they are the only brushes I will use to apply foundation. The F35 is fantastic for contouring/highlighting, and the E05 (which was a gift with purchase) is really nice for gel eyeliners

Coastal Scents Flat Top Kabuki: like the Sigma F80, I bought a set of brushes from Coastal Scents just for this brush, I love it.

Revlon Just Bitten Stain in Lovesick: An amazing bright pink lip stain. I have no other words, since you all know my obsession with pink.

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray: I just bought this, but I've been eyeing it for quite some time. It really is amazing and my makeup doesn't move or transfer after using this.

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle: I've had this for awhile, a gorgeous highlight shade and in the summer I can definitely see wearing it more heavily as a bronzer or layered over a blush

Guerlain Sheer Terracotta Bronzer in 02 Sun Blondes:  A really nice light bronzer, again amazing right now while I'm pale, but I can see being amazing layered more heavily in the summer.

*Phew* did you make it through all of that? I hope so! I'd love to hear some of your favourite beauty products from this month!

Thanks for reading <3

2 comments:

  1. Will you do a post containing your favorite beauty YouTubers to watch? Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if I'll do a full post on my fav YT'ers but I'll list a few for you: MakeupbyCherylH, JaclynHill1, Nicole Guerrerio and Miss Natty's Beauty Diary (blogger!)

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...