Saturday, February 23, 2013

Inspired Manicure & A Tag

Happy Saturday! I can't believe February is almost over, already 2013 seems to be flying by for me! My weekend is looking pretty low-key so far, my brother & his girlfriend are visiting while they're on reading week, so maybe we'll do some shopping or go to the Auto Show downtown!

A few weeks ago, Marta posted this manicure that she re-created from a look our lovely friend Karen @ Nail Call and as soon as I saw her post it on instagram, I knew I had to try it for myself. I didn't have all the colours Marta/Karen have but I made due with what was in my Helmer!

I used Misa Pay Days Are Happy Days, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Cult Nails Princess as the base colours, Cult Nails Nevermore as my stamping colour and then the bow is konad plate m59, and the houndstooth pattern is plate m63.





Also, Tracy from Beauty Reflections tagged me in a random beauty questions tag, so I figured I'd give it a go, since I'm getting more and more makeup obsessed these days! If you're only here for the nails, feel free to skip!

1. What's the one beauty product you ALWAYS use no matter what? I always use black eyeliner, sometimes just at my lashline, sometimes in my waterline, sometimes both, but always eyeliner.

2. High end mascaras? Or drugstore mascaras? I really don't have an answer for this one, I have fairly thick, long black lashes that are relatively curled, so I always find whatever I put on, just gives a little something extra. I think right now I have 3 high-end ish samples from Sephora, 2 drugstore mascaras and 1 full high end in my makeup bag that I use interchangeably...

3. Lipstick? Or lip gloss? Or lip balm? Which do you prefer or wear the most? I always, always, always wear lip balm, but most days I usually wear a gloss too, although now when I'm teaching I'll wear lipstick..so it's pretty even!

4. What's the one makeup brand that you love everything they make, and could use for the rest of your life- shunning all others? MAC, even though sometimes their collections are boring, or full of re-promotes, there is always another eyeshadow, or lipglass, or lipstick that I could buy and be happy with!

5. Who's your favourite character in the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy? Galadrial...only because she's so pretty..and she scared me in the movies (I don't remember why..)

6.  How would you describe your beauty style? I like to think it's relatively minimal but I have been wearing more lately, I've had bad skin, so sometimes I try to detract from that with some pretty eyeshadow!

7.  Do you follow makeup trends?  Not really, I was never into red lipstick, and even though I own a tube, it's not my "go-to" look when I do a night out..

8.  Do you like coloured mascara? Or not? I used to have Benefit BadGal mascara in plum and I thought it was pretty but I'm not a fan of coloured mascara's that aren't subtle.

9. Cake? Or pie? Or what's your favourite dessert? Cake..and Pie..and brownies..I just like dessert!

10.  Which do you prefer? Liquid eyeliner or pencils? I prefer pencils because I can use them better but I like the look of liquid, however I'm terrible at applying it!

11. Do you use a bronzer? Every day or not at all? Which one is your favourite? I do, most days I'm wearing one. Right now I have a sample of NARS Laguna that I use, or I just purchased Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder in 02 Sun Blondes, which I LOVE.


So, I'm not going to tag anyone, but I will make up 11 questions and if you want to participate, feel free!

1. How many foundations do you own?
2. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
3. Do you have a go-to makeup look?
4. What about nails, a go-to nail polish look (had to get a nail polish one in there ;)
5. How often do you try new skin care products?
6. Steak, Chicken or Fish?
7. What is your favourite lip balm (I know we all have at least 1!)
8. When did you start wearing makeup consistently?
9. Do you find you look older or younger with makeup on?
10. How many lipsticks do you own?
11. What beauty product do you wish was still made?

Thanks for reading <3

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I love this! Your take on this is amazing :) TY for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This manicure is so CUTE! Really really cute and perfect ♥. Imma do those 11 questions here, just for you ;).

    1. How many foundations do you own?
    Around 3/4 (but I only really use 1)
    2. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
    Around 20 minutes (excluding shower and dressing time)
    3. Do you have a go-to makeup look?
    Yes, there are 2 shades of eyeshadow in my UD Anniversary palette that suit me well, combined with a simple black liner and my favorite Sleek blush this is my uninspired daily face :P.
    4. What about nails, a go-to nail polish look (had to get a nail polish one in there ;)
    I always wear something else (or try too ;))
    5. How often do you try new skin care products?
    Almost every month I think.
    6. Steak, Chicken or Fish?
    Chicken!
    7. What is your favourite lip balm (I know we all have at least 1!)
    It's one from Vaseline, Rosy Lips.
    8. When did you start wearing makeup consistently?
    Around the age of 14 I think? It was just really basic back then but I always wore mascara and concealer.
    9. Do you find you look older or younger with makeup on?
    Hmmm, depends more on glasses on or off I think.
    10. How many lipsticks do you own?
    20 or something?
    11. What beauty product do you wish was still made?
    Never had anything I loooooved discontinued!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...