Sunday, February 24, 2013

Different Dimensions Review Part 1

Happy Sunday Friends!
Today I have something a little different for you! Elizabeth recently received some Different Dimension Polishes and she let me review a few of them for her!

Different Dimensions are polishes made by Missi Barry, a former nail tech and nail junkie (like the rest of us!!) creating her amazingly unique and personal glitter and glow in the dark polishes! You can find her Etsy website here and her facebook page here.


These glitters are really, really beautiful! Elizabeth let me pick my favorites to review and it was so hard. I chose Yours, Mine and Flowers, pastel colored glitter of varying sizes with pink flower glitter. Aorta Miss You But I Don't, which are hot pink and holographic glitter with hot pink hexes and heart shapes. As well I chose to review Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez! a nod to mardi gras with it's purple, green and gold glitter.


All of these glitters applied so easily and so well, each polish is two coats. They worked well, I was able to easily place the glitter where I wanted it to go, the only problem I had was the larger hexes were a little more difficult to fish out of the bottle, however I don't fish glitter out...so that may have been user error since I had no idea how to do it. I did flip the bottles upside down and was able to get the larger glitter out so it wasn't an issue. (Elizabeth's note: Probably because these are mini bottles it's a bit harder to fish out specific glitter, at least that is what I've found!)

 I have some bottle shots below...the glitters are so sparkly, I wish I had real sunlight to capture them with!






The first up is Yours, Mine and Flowers, pastel hexes, iridescent glitter and flower shaped glitter. I feel these would make excellent jelly sandwiches with the right polishes...I was thinking the OPI Ballet collection would look great with this one! This is two coats over Rimmel Gray Matter






I loved the mix of pastel hexes and iridescent 


The flowers were super cute and made me miss spring!

Up next I have I Aorta Miss You But I Don't... BEAUTIFUL pink hexes and glitter with hearts! I picked this first for the name and second for the gorgeous color! This color looks so much better IRL and would look amazing in the sun light. This is two coats again over My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I was wondering if perhaps with maybe 4 coats this could almost be opaque. I'm thinking I'll try that next! This glitter was my hands down favorite. I tried it over No Place Like Chrome (a silver) and I loved that combination as well!


Love the pink







This glitter payoff was awesome!!

My last polish to show you is Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez, a Mardi Gras themed polish using their slogan which translates to "Let the Good Times Roll". I loved this combination so much I put it on the other hand after swatching and wore it work! This polish is an equal mix of gold, green and purple glitter, very representative of the Mardi Gras beads, I love this color scheme! This was an easy two coats and I think if you did 4 coats it could be close to opaque as well! This is over Cult Nails Fetish (I'm not sure why I didn't do it over Nevermore since the wax finish doesn't show up...)


The Purple and Gold pop way more IRL




This best shows the color payoff



I had the most compliments at work with this one! So festive!

These glitters are amazing and I loved each and everyone! The soft pastel glitter felt so girly and dainty to me that I was surprised at how much I loved it. Aorta was my favorite in the bottle and I can't wait to see more combinations of this one! I am currently still loving Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez and am enjoying it so much! I have no complaints over these polishes and I look forward to checking out more Different Dimension polishes! If you want any of these polishes, hit up Different Dimension's Etsy Site

I hope you enjoyed my first ever review! I hope I did these gorgeous polishes justice and thanks to Elizabeth for letting me review some for her! Enjoy your Sunday! <3







2 comments:

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...