Tuesday, November 13, 2012

And Now for Something Completely Different...

Hi loves & Happy Tuesday! If you get the title of this post, then yay, hugs for you!

If you follow me on twitter or instagram, you know that my descent into the nail world has bled over into the makeup world & at the age of 23, I am starting to actually wear and enjoy makeup! The Urban Decay Naked palette is so coveted in the makeup world, so when I saw that Quo had come out with a pretty amazing dupe, I HAD to have it. So, yesterday after some hunting, I found the Quo Back to Basics palette! Yay! So, if you want to see some pictures of this palette, and one I recently bought from TheBalm (featuring some terrible swatches!), then continue after the jump!









As you can see, it looks pretty darn similar to the UD Naked palette. I can't wait to try it out. I haven't swatched this yet, because, well, my attempts at swatching are pretty sad. You'll see...

I bought the Shady Lady Vol. 2 palette and I attempted to swatch it. Please be nice..I have NO IDEA how to swatch, seriously.



From left to right: Caught in the Act Courtney, Insane Jane, Feisty Felicia, Bossy Bobbi
L-R: Makeout Mary, Just this once Jamie, Devilish Danielle, Tempting Tara, Mischievous Marissa
All the swatches are over primer. They seem like fairly pigmented shadows, the only one that disappointed me was Feisty Felicia, it seems so much more purple in the pan, but it comes off really dark.

I haven't used any of those shadows other than Mischievous Marissa, so I can't say how they hold up.


So, how horrible is my first swatching attempt? Any pointers for me?!

I hope you made it this far and that you enjoyed reading this <3


3 comments:

  1. I bought that palette too, and I LOVE it! I had seen Sparled Beauty's swatches and went right out to the nearest shoppers to find it. I was unimpressed with previous Quo eyeshadows, so I was pleasantly surprised by this one!

    Also I wanted to say that, like you, my forays into the makeup world started with nail polish. It's a gateway cosmetic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I like the look of that Quo palette! Not that I need more eyeshadows :\ What's the price on that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this. I love Quo! Shopper's will be my first stop once I land in Toronto in 2 weeks :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...