Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lightning Bolt Manicure

Hi loves & Happy Tuesday. Sorry this is a bit late, I didn't write anything up last night or have anything scheduled! Whoops!

So, if you have ever been to Nailside's blog, you may have seen one of her tutorials called the Double Lightning Bolt. I have tried this manicure style so many times, but I always messed it up, and I would get frustrated. Well, the other day I had some time on my hands and I figured I'd give it one more shot. I used China Glaze Grape Pop as the base, China Glaze Liquid Leather for the first colour of lightning bolt. I did this in steps, so here is how it looked after tape application #1, which I have never successfully done.


Now, I could have left it like this but I was determined to try to make it a double lightning bolt, so I added China Glaze Passion.


It's not perfect, and my index & pinky definitely turned out the best, but I think it's a success! I might even try it again with other colours!

What do you think lovelies, anyone else successfully recreate this look?


Thanks for reading <3

9 comments:

  1. i love this! those colors do really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazeballs! I have seriously tried to do this on 3 occasions and failed miserably every time. You have inspired me to give it another shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It turned out great, I wouldn't have noticed anything different about the middle and ring fingers if you hadn't mentioned it. I understand your frustration with not being able to get a tape mani perfect when you want to though! I seem to be tape challenged.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this manicure and could only get through the first layer of the lightning bolt! I just don't have the patience for tape manis it turns out. Yours looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I have been wanting to try a lightning bolt mani for quite some time now. Grape Pop does just that... POPS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!!! So good! I am such a failure at tape manis! Need to practice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look and really need to try it. You did great and love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did awesome... I don't have the patience for tape manis whatsoever so I give you kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...