Sunday, July 15, 2012

Essie and Dried Flower Manicure

Happy Sunday everyone!!


Today I've got a little inspired post for you! This week my sister came to visit and we went over to see Marta, from ChitChat Nails . It was an amazing afternoon, Marta has 3 of the most gorgeous children ever and she was so nice to let us play around with her polish and stamps (as always!!) I always leave coveting half her stash! 
So recently on her blog she posted a dried flower manicure, and then kindly gave Elizabeth and I some of the dried flowers from the MASH store (check out her review here
So I now present my version of a dried flower manicure.


I used 3 coats of Essie's Cute As a Button (I really need to add some thinner to this...or learn to work with it better, one of the more stubborn Essie formulas) and on my accent finger, 3 coats of Joe Fresh Wave. I topped it all off with 1 coat of Seche Vite (2 coats on the flowers to make sure they were extra stuck, I work in a restaurant, so no flowers in peoples' food!!)
The flowers are very easy to work with, I just trimmed mine a teeny bit, I probably could've tried to make more of a design, but then I just put it in wet polish and voila! I didn't even worry that I smushed my polish a bit because the flower and the seche vite even it out!
Without further ado, here are my pictures, and once again, I'm using my iPhone because it's 3 megapixels more than my camera, aka it takes better photos. *sigh* one day I will have a nice camera again. Oh well.





My instagram photo shows off the flower the best!
And there you have it, my first foray into the dried flower manicure. I almost feel like in some shots I need a tiny little gemstone for the middle of the flower to give it some kick or something! What are some of your favourite dried flower looks? <3

6 comments:

  1. Never used them but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take photos with my iPhone for my blog too because my camera is old and takes crappy photos. I will have to try this- it's so cute and sounds pretty easy. Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWH, thank you for the mention and I'm so glad you had time to try the dried flowers.
    Looks awesome! love the blue base on this one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...