Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mermaid Nails

Happy Sunday Loves!
If you've been following my posts you know I've been talking about doing a set of real mermaid nails since I saw these beauties on Cris's blog here. Aren't they amazing? Well first I had to find Mermaid's Tears from OPI, which at the time was hard to do so I settled for a dupe, Sally Hansen's Jade Jump (Thanks Marta! Also check out her Mermaid Nails!) Then I finally conquered ANOTHER lemming and was able to get China Glaze's Atlantis! Can't wait to wear this baby! To get this look, I used 1-2 coats (depending on the nail) of Jade Jump, topped with Shine of the Times by Essie (it doesn't show as much on camera) then stamped with NOPI Khloe had a little Lam-Lam. Then I (tried) to sponge on Atlantis (I really need to get this technique down) but it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, kinda just smudged my polish. Boo. This was also taken awhile back when my nails were growing out from breakage. So ugly :(

Anyways onto the pictures! What do you think?
So sparkly




bottle shot

You can see some of SOTT on my ring and pinky finger
Yep, lots of pictures for you today! Hope you enjoyed it! I can't wait to try this look out again, I have so many mermaid-ish polishes to choose from I will be doing it again! <3

6 comments:

  1. This looks cute! Sponging glitters can be hard, I find it easier to dab them on with an eyeshadow sponge applicator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good tip Deborah! I will be trying that ASAP!

      Delete
  2. I like it a lot def perfect mermaid nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep trying to decide if I need Atlantis or not!! But these are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...