Friday, September 2, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Frock Star Review

Good morning and happy friday loves! It's September already EEK. Can you believe it?!

I'm probably in class right now..or hopefully heading home because class ended early (I am terrible..it's my first day and I already want to leave LOL), but I hope your friday is going better than mine!

A couple of weeks ago, I went to visit my sister in London, and then my mom met up with the two of us, and we decided to hit up Michigan for some US shopping! Since I was going to be gone for about a week, I didn't feel like taking nail polish or remover, and decided to try out the Sally Hansen Salon Effects.

Obviously, because I love glitter, I picked up Frock Star.
 The Salon Effects were really easy to use, the diagram shows you exactly how to use them, and who doesn't love this glitter?

Here they are on day 7:
 Obviously you can see a bit of tip wear, and the growth, but they held of relatively well..until I began to peel them off (I know, I know, don't hit me!!)

I only have a couple of negatives about these Salon Effects. They come with 18 strips, so enough to cover your nails and then some, and come in various nail sizes. However, if you have narrow nail beds like me, I found that the designs were either too skinny, or too large for my nails, so I had to stretch them a bit. You can't tell they were stretched in the glitter design, but I'm sure the other patterns would show. I also didn't love the glitter because filing the excess strips off didn't file evenly and some edges were jagged, but I think that's just because the glitter pattern is full of irregular shapes.

I did love the Salon Effects because they lasted so well, I played with kids, cooked, cleaned, shopped, and no nicks, or chips! I did get tired of the design after 7 days, but if I went on another vacation, or a tropical trip, I'd definitely buy these again!

Thanks for reading lovelies!<3

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I have seen a lot of reviews on the design versions but this was the one I was most interested in. I'm glad you could stretch it a bit without tearing/disfiguring the 'design'. I might have to try this out, it looks fantastic after a week of wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Rainbow Connection from OPI's upcoming muppets collection. :D Very pretty! I never tried anything like these, Essence had stickers but they're just blah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow glitter (or rainbow anything, for that matter) is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...