Friday, August 5, 2011

Essie Ruby Slippers

Hello my fellow lacquerheads! And Happy Friday!

Today I'm going to show you a polish I didn't even know I was lemming until Sam at Fashion Polish showed it off here! I don't even really like reds, although red + glitter catches my eye sometimes. So after Sam posted this, she let her readers know that this long discontinued polish was available at 8ty8Beauty.com under the limited products tab! So Kirsten and I snapped up a few bottles each, and paid the ungodly shipping to Canada, but it was definitely worth it.

Essie Ruby Slippers is a glitter polish with a red base and big square red glitter. It's different from China Glaze Ruby Pumps, as the glitter is bigger and the base is a different colour. I have a comparison coming up!

This polish applies like a dream, and it almost seems like it is glowing!






Unfortunately my lovelies, Ruby Slippers is sold out on 8ty8beauty, however there are a number for sale on ebay or for swap on MUA, so if you're looking for this beauty, check out those two places!

What do you guys think? I love this polish, even if I'll only wear it a few times a year, but it's so pretty! 

Thanks for reading <3

12 comments:

  1. i am not a red kinda girl either but this is a super pretty polish. may have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful!!! I have this sitting next to my sofa at home just waiting to be swatched. I might have to bump it to the front of the queue!

    xo
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous! Love the glitter :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Love love this color!! Amazing!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I love it in the shady pic the most!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color. I have to find mine for future play now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this SO much, it's such a beauty! :) I'm glad you were able to snatch this up while it was available, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every Essie I've used has had a crap consistency. It's really turning me off to trying other Essies. Have I just been completely unlucky in the Essie's I've tried? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Destany- it seems like it. I really love the formula, of the ones I have. Watermelon and Going Incognito are favs of mine and the formula is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, very pretty. I love sparkly reds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I totally love this. They really nailed the name matched with the color. So gorgeous! I'm sad it's disco'd.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...