Monday, May 9, 2011

OPI Rally Pretty Pink and Spark de Triomphe Shatter Duos

Hi lovesss! How is everyone today? I am so excited, because today I get to show you OPI White Shatter and Red Shatter duos! I was on twitter the other day and my local beauty supply store tweeted that they got them in stock, so obviously since I stalk the store, I jumped at the chance to grab these! I literally got the first duos in the store, the manager had to get them out of the box and figure out how to scan them into the computer! I felt a little funny, but it's all good! I snagged 'em!

So, aside from questions about my sanity, I bring you OPI Spark de Triomphe and the matching White Shatter, and OPI Rally Pretty Pink and the matching Red Shatter, all of these are without topcoat

Up first, we have Sparke de Triomphe and White Shatter. Spark de Triomphe is gold/champagne coloured glitter with little bits of hex glitter inside. It is beautiful, and I love it. One coat is pretty sheer, so it would make a great layering glitter, but with 3-4 coats it builds to pretty decent coverage.

You can see it is sheer, but still beautiful

And then, white shatter. So awesome. I missed out on the China Glaze White Crackle so I was glad to get my hands on this as an alternative!
In the shade, see how you can see the glitter peeking through.



Now, we have Rally Pretty Pink! Some of you will correctly assume that it is an exact dupe for Zoya Faye, which is great since Zoya takes so long to appear in Canada, and Faye was the #1 on my list! It's a really pretty pink with gold flecks/shimmer, it sometimes seems like it's lit from within, and man it is gorgeous!
In the shade, see how the gold shows up so strongly!


It's a really gorgeous shade, and I love it, obviously since it's pink!

Now, this combination, it took me a little while to get used to..I'm not even sure I like it that much, although maybe if I had a topcoat over it and it was all shiny I would like it more. The red shatter is sort of translucent/jelly-like, and I am going to have to try it over other colours, like maybe orange or even a dark vampy red to see if I like it better.

All in all, these 2 duos are awesome, I like all the shatter colours, and they all applied like a dream.

What do you lovelies think? Going to pick up either of these duos? Tried Red Shatter over another colour and loved it? Let me know in the comments and I hope to chat with some of you! Thanks for reading :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of the nail polishes and shatters from both sets. I can't wait to get them in the nail mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love! I cant wait to try mine!! I'm so stoked bout Red shatter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the polishes a lot but the shatters just block out a lot of that sparkleness which means me sad :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the base shades without the shatters even more! I'll wear the shatters with other stuff. They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I love feedback and I read all the comments. I love comments however, I don't love link spamming. I will delete all link spam comments, so if you have a blog and want me to take a look, please email me at elizabethmlangille[at]gmail[dot]com! You can also contact me by adding me on twitter (emlangille) or Formspring (http://formspring.me/emlangille)
All comments with a link WILL be deleted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...